Friday, March 4, 2011

30 Days of Truth: Day 2

Day 2's truth: Something you love about yourself.


That would definitely be the ability to handle/get through extremely difficult situations. I don't want people to feel sorry for me and I don't like to whine. I know there are so many people who have had to deal with situations much worse. That doesn't mean what I've been through hasn't affected me. From growing up with an alcoholic, bi-polar father and an (mostly) absent mother, to constantly moving around from person to person and place to place, to planning the funerals of the three closest people in my life all within a few years, I've managed to somewhat keep it together. 


Of course, it seems to be finally all catching up to me now but so far I haven't ended up in a bell tower picking off people one by one with a rifle(You made me play second base! - ha!). Dealing with these issues is something I'm working on and while I could be in a better place, I try to remind myself I could have let these events define me instead of trying to learn from them and becoming a stronger person in the process.

No comments: